Wait list application Fee: $50.00 This fee is nonrefundable.
Application Fees must be paid in a cashier’s check or money order. Personal checks or cash will not be accepted. Make payments payable to: Prairie Glen Townhouses.
All document downloads are in PDF format. Click the link below to download Adobe Reader for free.
About Prairie Glen Townhouses Coopertive, Inc.
Praire Glen Townhouses is Cooperative Housing located in Riley County, Manhattan, Kansas with 100 dwelling units. (See the F.A.Q. that explains cooperative housing and more.) We offer a unique alternative to home buying or renting for modest income individuals and families.
Prior to moving in, prospects will complete a full application and we check that all applicants meet our Member Selection & Qualification Criteria.
As a Prairie Glen Member you will be responsible for the following monthly charges:
- 2 bedroom townhouse: $500.00 per month
- 3 bedroom townhouse: $580.00 per month
Members are responsible for their own electricity and gas. Prairie Glen pays water and trash services.
Move In Payments
The following will be due on the date of move in and MUST be paid in the form of a money order or cashier’s check:
- Transfer (Equity) Value: based on date of move in. (View the current schedule here.)
- Membership Fee:$250.00
- Rent Amount:pro-rate based on date of move in.
- $100 Pet Deposit:(if applicable) Please note, Prairie Glen only allows one pet per household.
- Home Improvements Value:(if applicable) Some outgoing members may wish to sell approved alterations or home improvements within their townhouses at a depreciated value. This includes, but is not limited to: Finished Basements, Carpeting, additional electrical work, etc. This, however, does not include decorative items or furniture which must be removed from the unit entirely. At the time of move in payment made out in the seller’s name will be provided to the office.
Move Out Refunds & Payments
Upon move-out you are eligible to receive payment for the current Transfer (Equity) Value, Membership Fee and Pet Deposit. A $50.00 Resale Fee will be deducted from the amount including charges for rehabilitation expenses, damages, rent amount owed, etc.
- Washer/Dryer hook-ups
- Reserved & Guest Parking
- Water, Trash & Sewage paid
- On-Site Manager
- 24-hour Emergency Maintenance
- Playgrounds, Basketball Court & Clubhouse
- Minutes from Shopping and K-State University
- Public Schools: Northview Elementary, Dwight D Eisenhower Middle School, Manhattan High School
2164 Prairie Glen Pl.
Manhattan, KS 66502
Monday - Friday
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm